Lake Charles, Louisiana Climate & Temperature
- Lake Charles, Louisiana, Usa is at 30°7'N, 93°12'W, 6 m (19 ft). See map.
- Lake Charles, Louisiana has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Lake Charles, Louisiana is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 19.9 degrees Celsius (67.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.7 °C (31.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 16.7°C (62.1°F) on average falling to 6.1°C (42.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 25.3°C (77.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14.6°C (58.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.4°C (90.3°F) and average low temperatures are 22.6°C (72.7°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 26.3°C (79.3°F) during the day and lows of 14.9°C (58.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1393 mm (54.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1393 Litres/m² (34.17 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Lake Charles, Louisiana you would come out nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Lake Charles, Louisiana, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Marshall, Tx, Usa - 290.4 kms (180.5 miles) NNW
- Shreveport, Louisiana, Usa - 265.4 kms (164.9 miles) NNW
- Brenham, Tx, Usa - 306 kms (190.1 miles) W
- Houston, Texas, Usa - 206.1 kms (128.1 miles) W
- Port Arthur, Tx, Usa - 79.5 kms (49.4 miles) WSW
- Galveston, Tx, Usa - 178.4 kms (110.8 miles) WSW
- Vicksburg, Mississippi, Usa - 332.2 kms (206.4 miles) NE
- Natchez, Ms, Usa - 235.4 kms (146.3 miles) NE
- Covingtonnw, La, Usa - 322.9 kms (200.7 miles) ENE
- Bunkie, La, Usa - 135.2 kms (84 miles) NE
- Amite, La, Usa - 268 kms (166.6 miles) ENE
- Baton Rouge/ La, Usa - 201.2 kms (125 miles) E
- Lafayette Caa Ap, La, Usa - 119.1 kms (74 miles) E
- Grand Coteau, La, Usa - 117.9 kms (73.2 miles) E
- Franklin , La, Usa - 117.9 kms (73.2 miles) E
- New Orleans Audubon, La, Usa - 309.8 kms (192.5 miles) E
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Usa - 285.9 kms (177.7 miles) E
- Thibodaux, La, Usa - 233.4 kms (145.1 miles) E
- Houma, La, Usa - 247.8 kms (154 miles) ESE