Lake Charles, Louisiana Climate & Temperature
- Lake Charles, Louisiana, Usa is at 30°7'N, 93°12'W, 6 m (19 ft). See map.
- Lake Charles, Louisiana has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Lake Charles, Louisiana is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 19.9 degrees Celsius (67.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.7 °C (31.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 16.7°C (62.1°F) on average falling to 6.1°C (42.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 25.3°C (77.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14.6°C (58.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.4°C (90.3°F) and average low temperatures are 22.6°C (72.7°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 26.3°C (79.3°F) during the day and lows of 14.9°C (58.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1393 mm (54.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1393 Litres/m² (34.17 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Lake Charles, Louisiana you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Lake Charles, Louisiana Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Lake Charles, Louisiana Climate Graph in Metric Units
Lake Charles, Louisiana Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Lake Charles, Louisiana, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Marshall, Tx, Usa - 290.4 kms (180.5 miles) NNW
- Shreveport, Louisiana, Usa - 265.4 kms (164.9 miles) NNW
- Brenham, Tx, Usa - 306 kms (190.1 miles) W
- Houston, Texas, Usa - 206.1 kms (128.1 miles) W
- Port Arthur, Tx, Usa - 79.5 kms (49.4 miles) WSW
- Galveston, Tx, Usa - 178.4 kms (110.8 miles) WSW
- Vicksburg, Mississippi, Usa - 332.2 kms (206.4 miles) NE
- Natchez, Ms, Usa - 235.4 kms (146.3 miles) NE
- Covingtonnw, La, Usa - 322.9 kms (200.7 miles) ENE
- Bunkie, La, Usa - 135.2 kms (84 miles) NE
- Amite, La, Usa - 268 kms (166.6 miles) ENE
- Baton Rouge/ La, Usa - 201.2 kms (125 miles) E
- Lafayette Caa Ap, La, Usa - 119.1 kms (74 miles) E
- Grand Coteau, La, Usa - 117.9 kms (73.2 miles) E
- Franklin , La, Usa - 117.9 kms (73.2 miles) E
- New Orleans Audubon, La, Usa - 309.8 kms (192.5 miles) E
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Usa - 285.9 kms (177.7 miles) E
- Thibodaux, La, Usa - 233.4 kms (145.1 miles) E
- Houma, La, Usa - 247.8 kms (154 miles) ESE